Here is s healthy banana cake to enjoy!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Plain Oats
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Honey (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons Walnuts Chopped
- Some Raisins if you like it
- For the wet mixture, whisk in the eggs, oil, mashed bananas & vanilla essence together preferably with an electric beater.
- Sieve together wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and fold this dry mixture into the wet mixture one spoon at a time.
- Add oats & milk to the mixture as you fold in. Mix well. Check for pouring consistency and if necessary add more milk. You can also add honey if you think the bananas weren’t as ripe to produce the necessary sweetness.
- Grease the microwave bowl/cake tin with oil. Pour in a layer of half of the mixture in the tin.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and pour in the rest of the cake mixture. Garnish with oats, chocolate chips & chopped walnuts all over the top. More the garnish, the merrier and rich the cake.
- Microwave for 4-6 mins. Post 4 mins keep checking for a good bake of the cake by inserting a pointed toothpick/knife. If you wish to use an oven, then preheat the oven to 325º F/ 160º C beforehand and bake for 30 mins.